The weather is cooling off quickly and colder nights have me thinking about hearty, flavorful dinners, that will fill and warm my family. I’m often looking for a recipe to try either from friends, magazines, my church (which is an abundant source of good recipes), or the internet. Lately the internet has been a great source for recipes, particularly the Taste of Home recipe site. Being a cook who likes ‘easy,’ any recipe that says five ingredients or less usually catches my eye. Add a crockpot and there’s a good chance I’ll give it a try.
For the record, I do not post a recipe I have not tried or enjoyed for myself. I am not paid for endorsements and I mention other sites because I like to credit recipe sources if I am able. I blog simply because I like to share information and meet new people. So here’s a very tasty and hearty stew that is easy, filling and enjoyed by my family. I hope you and your family will enjoy it too.
Home-Style Stew Recipe
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 1. Place vegetables in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown beef on all sides.
- 2. Transfer to slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 5 servings.